Mile End Park
A 21st century park in London's East End
Mile End Park has been called “London’s quietest yet best Millennium project, far from the fleshpots of the West End”.
The park has been transformed by the Mile End Park Partnership: the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, the Environment Trust and the East London Business Alliance.
- The revolutionary Green Bridge, Europe's most spectacular environmental bridge, designed by Piers Gough.
- The peaceful Terraced Gardens with imaginative plantings, chosen for colour and aroma, tiered lakes and water features.
- The 10 acre ArtsPark, a major outdoor setting for works of art; and Art Pavilion with exciting arts and exhibition resources.
- The Ecology Park, demonstrating a naturalistic approach to park design with around 800 plant species and diverse wildlife habitats; The Ecology Centre is an information point.
- The first Silent Electric Go-Karts in London and a 500 metre racing track.
- The Sports Park, promoting sporting excellence on a regional basis.
- The Play Arena for all kinds of performance.
- The Children's Park, for under 8s and accompanying adults, with drop-in Play Centre, Play Mound and safe, supervised play equipment.
- The Adventure Park with a variety of permanent play structures.
- The East End's first Xtreme Sports Centre for rollerblading, skateboarding and snakeboarding.
- Open, flat, grassed areas for play, visiting circuses and funfairs.